CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

In Between

in myths and legends, "In-Between" places are special. crossroads are known for having a lot of supernatural activity. the crossing between two places- not quite here, not quite there. having one foot on land and one foot in the ocean is also said to bring out magic.
for some reason, i like in-between things.
i think really good music is an in-between thing. it's not really physical. but then again, it's not completely spiritual, either. that's what makes music so beautiful. not totally physical, not totally spiritual, but something in between.
sunrise and sunset are my favorite parts of the day. they are beautiful, and there's a certain magic about it. you can never really be sure if it's day or night. perhaps it's neither. it's something in between.
those hazy few minutes between sleeping and waking- that's an in-between time, too. dreams and reality merge, blend. it's weird.
this is one of the reasons why i love spring so much. it's bursting with magic. not only the magic of rebirth, but that magical feeling that only in-between things can bring. for spring is not as harsh as winter, yet not as blazing as summer. it's something in between.
teenage years are special. I'm not quite an adult, yet i am no longer a child. I'm old enough to start feeling certain emotions and thinking certain things I've never thought before, but I'm not yet old enough to understand all of my thoughts and feelings, or to even know what to do with them . I'm eager to prove that i can be mature and trusted, yet I'm still a bit immature at times, and scared of growing up. not quite adult, not quite child. something in between.

24 comments:

Rae said...

http://organizationx.blogspot.com/
...This is scary.

griffinrider said...

"scary" is the wrong word. "weird", yes. "amusing", yes. "original", definitely yes. but not scary.

Rae said...

Mhm...

VJ said...

Griffinrider, what if some of those people arn't just pretending? Or they arn't even claiming to be Maximum Ride, just strangly and unexplainably very different? Sure, there are some people who do pretend to be Maximum Ride. But you shouldn't just desmis something as fake.

Beachbum said...

i like this post. i think i agree with all of the in between things. somewhere in the middle is good. my favorite in between is the middle of cadbury eggs. those are the BEST. bye.
-Christine♥

akared said...

I have to agree with you. In-betweens are right between certainty and confusion, darkness and light, the glass isn't half full or half empty it is right in the middle, between pessimism and optimism. My favorite in-between in as midnight, it not really today or tomorrow. The twelve follows the 11 of yesterday so it must be the same day, but it is AM not PM so it is part of tomorrow.

Cuppy said...

In between things really are magical, aren't they? Personally, i love being 14 and if i had the choice of staying at one age, this would be it. 'cause i can get away with being mature and immature and everything is so....crazy. I love it. It's wonderful.

Ees anano retal
Cuppy

griffinrider said...

yep. all good things are in between. having too much or too little of anything isn't good. every character trait isn't good unless you have the right amount.

turnabout said...

hm. I like it. In Between-ness is a good place to be at.

Zetsu said...

I dislike growing up as well. In-between things are cool, tho. 'Neeway, I'm not sure why I want to change my appearance so much, I just envy people like that sometimes. Good point about human kind chosing their own package, tho!! And people always tell me I'm special and that, but that just kind of makes my ego sink.

Monkey Kid said...

Hey griffinrider, I would like for u to start finding allies to our cause and to amass weapons for us to use.

FallingUp said...

I never thought of it like that...but it makes sence...I like your blog,your not one of the 90% who use blogs to conplain.
One of the few.

Zetsu said...

aw, thanks! I know you wouldn't lie to me. you seem really smart and interesting just through your blog too! and I know I am sort of... like... i dunno, but I'm all depressed sometimes, i know. that's because, there aren't the most encouraging people where I live.
and I am going through that state in life, you know, the one where EVERYONE seems to be out to get you?

griffinrider said...

vynn, i know exactly what you mean. don't worry; you'll get through it.

Rain said...

hey, GR.

i really like reading your blog and everything, you have cool views on the world.

but i've seen a lot of your comments on blogs that are by mutants, and it really sounds like you don't believe them. if you don't, why do you read them? i believe them, and maybe i'm just stupid, but...i mean, if i didn't, i would just stop reading, rather than tearing down what they've said in front of all their readers.

just a comment.

much love!

lynn

Mella said...

I love spring.

Yes. There are many flute players in the world. In fact too many.

I still love to play it though.

The triangles cool.

=D

~Silver said...

I think in betweens are so liked, because everyone is an in-between. I like in between things a lot too.

griffinrider said...

raingirl, you make a good point. i read them because they amuse me, that's all. it's fun. but do you think i offend anyone by the comments i leave? i certainly hope not. thing is, all those blogs are the same, and all the comments on them are the same,too. you know, "go flock! keep fighting. can you fly over my house?" etc., etc. it gets a bit boring. i think leaving a different comment makes things a bit more interesting.



on a different note, have any of you realized that we always place ourselves in between? i mean, when thinking about people, this guy may be really funny, and that guy may be very serious, but i am always right in the middle. this happens with a bunch of different examples, as well. i wonder why.

FallingUp said...

Yeah I was going throgh that fase too.
And thanks too.

piper said...

ya i liek ur blog u r doing really good at it

Fang said...

your a poet.


-Fang<..>

griffinrider said...

aww, thanks piper! that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

fang, is that a good thing?

Piratelizard101 said...

http://organizationx.blogspot.com/
That is funny. I dont know if that is supposed to be butit is, and yeahits not scary,its juct weird!

Piratelizard101 said...

i was in computers. MY B! sry ill try to fix it.